Meet the Maker Interview - Eunice Wilson

Friday, December 14, 2012

Please can you introduce yourself and tell us a little about your work?
I’m a Scottish Designer Maker but have lived in Cheltenham, the heart of the Cotswolds, for seven years. I  upcycle textiles, paper and leather into plushies, accessories, home decor and jewellery. I have developed my plushie designs into sewing kits, so they can be made by both adults and children.

What do you think makes Paper • Scissors • Stone special?
It gives a voice to lesser known artists and provides a professional arena to promote the work.

What do you love most about working in your chosen discipline?
I like seeing a tattered old book, map or a remnant of vintage fabric and think “Now, what can I make from that” rather than throwing it away -  I love to transform things.


Describe your studio or workspace?
Compact and bijoux which is Estate Agent speak for – not enough room.Are you involved in any Christmas Markets, if so what?I’m joining up with two other arty friends, Ali Corder and Kath Cooper and we will be at the Spiegeltent in Bristol on the 1st and 8th December which I’m sure will be great fun.

What is your favourite part of Christmas?
I like the feeling of anticipation on Christmas Eve when I decorate the tree and then the huge feast the next day.

If you could choose a fellow Paper Scissors Stone artist to collaborate with who would it be and why?
Ah well – quite a few actually – I would have to put the names in a hat.


If you could choose one Christmas gift for yourself from Paper Scissors Stone, what would it be?
It would probably be a limited edition piece of jewellery but don’t make me choose.

Which is your favourite local independent shop or eatery in Bristol & why?
Too many to mention but to be honest my favourite place in Bristol is The Zoo.

What are your plans for 2013?
Big plans for next year are more exhibition work and to publish a plushie pattern book!

What is your favourite Christmas song?
Jingle Bells,Batman smells, Robin flew away ...

Finally if you were a Christmas cracker, what inside treat would you be and why?
A winning lottery ticket or a false moustache, nose and glasses a la Groucho Marx, they would both raise a smile.

Thank you Eunice - your is beautiful!
You can find Eunice's creations in Paper Scissors Stone until 31st December.

No comments:

Post a Comment