Meet the Maker - Stitched with Love UK

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Our shop looks so festive and full of beautiful decorations - why don't you treat yourself to a felt creation from Stitched with Love this Christmas.....

Please can you introduce yourself and tell us a little about your work?
Hello, my name is Lisa and I am the designer/maker behind Stitched with Love UKI often feel like I was born in the wrong era! I'm 24, a Bristolian born and bread and I adore the city. I don't think I'll ever move too far away. I live in a lovely little barn conversion. I'm a full time graphic designer and crafting is my hobby. I first introduced myself to crafting around 2 years ago at Christmas time, I didn't have much money (due to saving for a house deposit) to buy all of the lovely things I wanted to decorate my home so I decided to give it a go at making my own. I had lovely compliments from friends and family, whom suggested I tried them out online. I opened my Etsy shop/created a facebook page, and as they say, the rest is history. My work is inspired by my crafty and handmade interests and thrifty lifestyle.

What do you think makes Paper • Scissors • Stone special?
I love Paper Scissors Stone as it is unique. It's a wonderful collaboration project for creative Bristolians to share our work, and an amazing opportunity for local people to see what a vast array of creative talent that is here in Bristol.

What do you love most about working in your chosen discipline?
I love working with felt and hand stitching, I find it very therapeutic. I find it most rewarding when a thought pops into my head and within minutes I have drew up what I would like the final product to look like and start working out a pattern.

Describe your studio or workspace?
My workspace is either in my home. I live in a wonderful barn conversion. It has a large living space and on winter evenings you will more often than not find me stitching in front of the log burner.

What is your favourite part of Christmas?
It's tough to think of only one thing that is my favourite about Christmas. I love the good food and drink, staying warm and cosy infront of the fire but most of all I love the quality time spent with my good friends and family.

Which fellow Paper Scissors Stone artist would you collaborate with and why? 
I would love a collaboration project with Jess from Yiskha Knits. I have known Jess since we both started out crafting (about a year and a half ago now). She is a lovely lady and I adore all of her creations.

If you could choose one Christmas gift for yourself from Paper Scissors Stone, what would it be?
I love Emily Ketteringhams work. I own a couple of her prints and would love to add to my collection!

Which is your favourite local independent shop or eatery in Bristol & why?
I love Bristol as a city for it's diverse eateries and independent shops. I do love popping into Tenderfoot though. They always have a diverse and exciting range of local handmade and crafty goodies.

What are your plans for 2013?
My plans for 2013 is to create new goodies to add to my range, to continuing to improve my stitching skills, and maybe even introduce a new craft - I'd love to be able to crochet!

What is your favourite Christmas song?
Tough question, perhaps Driving Home for Christmas, it always feels like it's Christmas once I've heard that one :)

Finally if you were a Christmas cracker, what inside treat would you be and why?
I would have to be the little sewing kit. I believe I am much like the sewing kit. I get tool to keep close by and always handy in a crisis!

Thanks Lisa! Great interview and a sewing kit is super handy.
You can find Lisa's lovely creations until the 31st December in our Christmas shop - Paper Scissors Stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment