Gromit Unleashed - Artist Interview, Lindsay McBirnie

Thursday, August 22, 2013
Another Gromit Unleashed meet the artist interview today, this time our talented illustrator is Lindsay McBirnie.  Lindsay's dog is awesome, and well worth the trek to find it...

Please can you introduce yourself and tell us the inspiration behind your Gromit design? 
Hello! I’m Lindsay and I work as a freelance artist and illustrator in Bristol. My Gromit, Fiesta, is inspired by the street fairs, carnivals and all the colourful characters I have met since living here in the city. I arrived in Bristol in October time last year and wanted to portray the lively, buzzing atmosphere I have experienced from my time living here.
How was it creating a 3d dog? 
When I stood in front of Gromit for the first time I realised the ears were huge and stuck out a lot – I had thought about taking him home, but he didn’t fit through the front door. Painting in the studio was great as I got to meet and work alongside other local artists, and watch their designs take shape. As a lot of my design is focused on the legs I spent a lot of time on the floor and bumping my head when I went to stand up. It definitely took a lot longer than I had anticipated to finally finish, but was so much fun to do – and very rewarding. 
Where can we find your Gromit? 
He’s enjoying the views on the terrace up at the Avon Gorge Hotel.

You can find more of Lindsay's work on her wesbite.

If you look at the trail map - you can find Fiesta...

54 - Fiesta
Location:  Avon Gorge Hotel - Terrace

To downlaod your own trail map please visit the Gromit Unleashed website.

No comments:

Post a Comment